Introduction to National911
With National911, thousands of subscribers across South Africa have the peace of mind that, at a touch of a button, they can contact up to 10 people for assistance 24 hours a day,365 days a year.
National911 is an emergency SMS PANIC button and tracking system, enabling you and your family members to instantly notify the National Monitoring Centre, your neighbours, friends and family that you are in urgent need of assistance at the touch of a button. An armed response unit will be sent to your physical registered address.
• National911 works on any cellphone
• National911 works on all cellphone networks
• Alerts 10 people within seconds; Linked to National Monitoring Centre
• Ideal for your family, your business, your community, the frail and elderly.
How does National911 work?
In an emergency, a National911 member presses the speed dial button on his/her cellphone.The call rings once at the National911 Data Centre and is then disconnected (no charge).
The National911 system then instantly notifies (via SMS) all the member’s nominated alert recipients and the National Monitoring Centre simultaneously that he/she needs urgent help. The National Monitoring Centre will contact the client and send out a response vehicle on request to deal with any emergency situation**If you don’t answer your phone National will automatically respond.
NATIONAL SERVICE OPTIONS
You can choose between the following National service options:
1. National Monitoring and Response Clients: The National911 service can be added to your profile at a minimum monthly charge. No additional charges for responses (within the limits of the National excessive response policy) will apply.
2. Monitoring Only Clients: The National911 service can be added to your profile at a minimum monthly charge. All responses will be charged for, per response, at the prevailing National rates, one month in arrears.
3. Pay-As-You-Go Clients: National will charge you a minimal monthly service fee for the National911 service. All responses will be charged for, per response, at the prevailing National rates, one month in arrears